Integrity. Commitment. Service.
Creating opportunity from technological innovation has always been an important part of Cathedral Corporation’s strategy. Cathedral began working with the U.S. Postal Service in the 1920’s supplying mailed offering envelopes to its church customers. Throughout its history, the company has grown and evolved to meet the changing needs of community and member based organizations with a collection of services including but not limited to the following:
D.P. Murphy Co. Inc. was founded in 1873 by Daniel Paul Murphy and served local Pastors with ledgers, record books, and certificates. The store was located on Vesey Street, in New York City. Over the years the company resided in several locations throughout New York City before ultimately moving out to their current location on Long Island – 945 Grand Boulevard, Deer Park, NY.
In the early 1930's, the company acquired a printing press that changed the operation from merchandising to manufacturing. Coupled with excellent customer service, the company offers products that include stationery, offertory envelopes, contribution recording systems, as well as a variety of mailing and online services.
D.P. Murphy is Now a Cathedral Company
In 2017 D.P. Murphy Co. Inc. was acquired by Cathedral Corporation. Both companies have the shared vision of building personal relationships with customers, supporting religious organizations and helping those who help others. The company will continue to have a presence on Long Island, but gained a broader, better suite of products and services to help optimize financial strength and better connect with members.